Online Registration is Easy Peasy!
Registering online 101
Online Registration Guide
You can do a lot from within your online account. For example:
- Register for programs and services.
- Update your billing information, address, and other account information at any time.
- View your account balance and make any necessary payments.
- View and print receipts.
- Support the YMCA cause and make a donation.
Review the guide below for more information:
Quick Guide to Registration
- Click on any link or button indicating you can register for a program.
- If you are a member, sign in with your email address or member id and password.
- If you are a non-member, create an account and sign in.
- Click the "Programs" tab at the top of the page and find the program/s for which you wish to register.
- Click the programs name and select the Registering member for the list displayed.
- Complete any registrations questions that may be displayed.
- Complete the waiver of requested.
- Add the program to your cart. Repeat the above steps if you want to register for additional programs.
- Complete your billing information and check out.
- You have now completed the registration process.
To sign in as a member you must be an active member at the Forest City YMCA. We must have a current email address on file for you. If you need to update your membership status or information please call the Y at 641-585-5220 or stop by and see us.
- Select the "Sign In" button
- Enter your email address or Member Id.
- Note that your Member Id is different from the number you use to sign in at the Y. If you wish to use your Member Id and do not know it, you can call the Y at 641-585-5220 or stop in to get it.
- Note: In order for this online account to be associated with the existing member record, the email address you provide must already be on record.
- Since this is the first time you have signed in, you will not have a password yet. Click the "Forgot" link on the password field to create a password.
- A link to reset your password (or create a new one) will be sent to your email address. You will have 30 minutes before the link expires.
If you are not a member of the Forest City YMCA you can still create an account. This will allow you to:
- Register for classes and programs. Members received discounts on programs so you may want to call us at 641-585-5220 to discuss your options.
- Make a donation to the Y
- View your account activity
- Change billing and contact information.
Creating an Account
Click the "Create One Now Tab.
Add a Primary Account Holder
Add your personal information for the primary account holder (the primary point of contact - parent or guardian)
Add Account Contacts
Whenever you add a new person to your account, there will be a Contacts button available to enter contact information for yourself and anybody else you would like to add. Click that button to use the "Contacts" form to enter emergency contact information or, in the case of a minor, required legal guardian or authorized pick-up information. Note that this is only adding contact information and is not adding additional members.
You can enter multiple contacts, and you will need to make sure you have contact information specified for each minor on your account. You will want to enter a Relationship status for each contact to the account user you are assigning them to, and use the check boxes to note the type of contact. This step is especially important for minors on your account.
Create Account Password
Enter a Password and, to confirm, enter it again in the Confirm Password field. Password rules are stated on the screen.
Add Person (Additional Members)
Use the "Copy From field to copy some of the contact information from someone already on the account. There will still be fields you need to fill in for each person, but this function will populate address information from what had already been entered on the form you select.
- Add contacts for each person you add to your account, especially minors.
- Continue to add more people to your account, if needed.
- Click "Finish", and you will be presented with your new account and the member IDs for each person on it.
- You can print this page for your records.
- Click "Continue" and you will be taken to your account page.
Managing Your Information (My Account)
While signed in, you can access your account details at any time by clicking the My Account link on the top, right corner of any page.
Here each person on the account can:
- Edit account information and contacts
- Make note of any serious allergies
- Request special accommodations
- Change payment methods
- View registration and payment histories
- And can click Reset Password to be prompted for a new password.
The primary account holder will be able to do this for all others on the account. Some activities may be restricted for non-primary account holders.
Searching for Programs
As a member or non-member you can search our catalog for programs of interest from anywhere you have internet access and register and pay for those programs all online.
Searching for programs online is a simple and intuitive process. You don’t even have to be logged in to search through the catalog, though you will be prompted to log in if you attempt to register. To search the online catalog, click the "Programs" link at the top of any page.
There are many ways you can search for programs. The top part of the "Program Search" screen lets you choose from the most common methods:
- By Branch
- Or you can search for a Program by name.
The rest of the search screen lets you search according to:
- Day of the Week
- Time of day range
- Price range
- Age or participants
- Gender of participants
- Only Open programs
- New programs
- Or programs that are Ticketed Events.
Enter as much program information as you need to in order to narrow it down to your area of interest, and click "Search." The results of your search will be returned to you in a table.
After you’ve used the search and browse function explained earlier to locate a program, you can register for it in a few simple steps. You will need to have an online account in order to register though. If you have not signed on or created an online account, you will be prompted to so so when you attempt to register.
To register, from the search results page, click on the program’s name, then select the Register Member from the list of members on your account.
Program Registration Questions
Any registration questions associated with the program will be displayed.
Program Registration Waivers
There may be a Waiver required for the program. You will need to acknowledge that you’ve read it, and sign your name digitally. The waiver is then associated with your record in the system for future reference.
Program Registration Billing - Add To Cart
The last section of the form is Billing. On the Billing tab, you may be prompted with some fee choices for the program. Select the option you want, and click "Add To Cart."
You may proceed to checkout, or you may continue to use the site and add additional registrations and such to your cart. Note that the option to request accommodations is always offered on the "Cart" page for program registrations. Clicking "Accommodation Form" will take you to the "My Account" page where you can log your accommodation requests.
Click "Checkout" and fill in your payment information. Once submitted, you will be registered for your selected programs.