Giving All Children The Opportunity To Succeed
At the Y, we believe all kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. In our wide-range of child care program offerings, children are cultivating the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health and educational achievement.
The YMCA offers care to children six weeks through 4th grade with a variety of program options:
- BRIGHT BEGINNINGS located at the Hanson Child Care center and houses all day care for children six weeks through two years old
- PRESCHOOL PLUS is located at the Forest City Elementary School and houses all day care for three year olds, three year old Preschool – half day preschool program designed to serve children in our community and care for four year olds enrolled in preschool through Forest City Community School District
- KIDS CLUB is located at the Forest City YMCA and houses school-aged kids for before and after school care for children K-4th grade
- SUMMERS ROCK at the Y or Elementary School Summer programming for school age children.
Child care programs at the Y are for everyone. While we don’t offer financial assistance for child care, we do participate in the DHS Child Care Assistance program. Our programs are licensed by the Iowa Department of Human Services and meet or exceed the state standards. We participate in the Iowa Quality Rating system, a voluntary rating system which recognizes care programs that exceed quality benchmarks over and above Iowa’s licensing standards.
Classroom staff are chosen for their nurturing abilities, experience with children and their educational background. We look for staff who are positive, patient and loving towards all children. Staff are required to attend ten hours of pre-service training and six hours of job-related training after their first year. All staff are trained in CPR, First Aid, Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect, and Universal Precautions
Hours Of Operation
Monday – Friday; 5:30am to 5:30pm
All centers closed:
- New year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
The Y reserves the right to close during inclement weather and emergencies.