Become a Member of the YMCA Community
There are MANY benefits to a Y Membership
There is So Much To Do at The Y
Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. At the YMCA you can work toward that balance, meet new friends and improve the way you look and feel. The YMCA offers a great variety of services to meet the needs of any person, at any age. We also strive to accommodate those with special needs or circumstances.
Included with your Membership
When you join the Forest City Y, you get unlimited use of the entire facility during hours of operations. Your membership includes:
|Indoor Pool||Indoor Whirlpool||Sauna||Indoor Track||Cardio Room|
|Strength Training Room||Full Gymnasium||Racquetball Courts||Discounted Drop-In Childcare||Discounted Youth Sports|
|Youth STEM Classes||Group Fitness Classes||Free Wellness Consultations||Senior Programs||Morning Social Coffee|
|Game Room||National Membership||Free Guest Passes||Recreation Clubs||Friendly Helpful Staff|
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your “home” YMCA (your home location is the facility that enrolled you as a member and that collects your membership dues). We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities.
Things to Know Before You Go:
As a Nationwide Member, you now have the added value of visiting Ys across the United States and Puerto Rico. There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
- Before you travel, contact the Y you intend to visit to make sure it is one of the more than 2,600 locations that participate in Nationwide Membership.
- You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
- On average, at least 50% of your monthly visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local
association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
- If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y
at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold (or cancel it) and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option, or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
We offer Nationwide Membership because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities. We look forward to your visit and hope you enjoy being part of more YMCA communities.